Constantinos Neochoritis received his BsC in 2004 and subsequently his MsC in 2006 from the Chemistry Department of Aristotle University of Greece (AUTH). After an “excellence” scholarship of the research committee of AUTH, he received his PhD in Organic Chemistry in 2001 under the guidance of Professors C. Tsoleridis and I. Stephanidou-Staphanatou. His PhD thesis included the synthesis of potent bioactive heterocycles
After a short postdoctoral research in the Medical School of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki on Medicinal Chemistry, in 2012 he moved to the Pharmacy Department of University of Groningen, Netherlands (University of Groningen, RUG). There, in the period 2012-2016, he was specialized in the design and synthesis of drugs and pharmaceuticals under the guidance of Professor Dömling. In 2016-2018, he was a principal medicinal/organic chemist in the University of Groningen consortium targeting the PD-1/PD-L1 interactions for cancer immunotherapy. Amongst others, he is the cofounder of a spin-off company, TelesisPharma B.V. In 2019, he was elected Associate Professor in the Chemistry department of University of Crete.
Synthesis and studies of functional molecules via Multi-Component Reactions (MCRs) towards medicinal chemistry and material science.
- G. Neochoritis, T. Zarganes-Tzitzikas, M. Novotná, T. Mitríková, Z. Wang, K. Kurpiewska, J. Kalinowska-Tłuścik, Alexander Dömling, Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2019, asap.
- G. Neochoritis, S. Shaabani, M. Ahmadianmoghaddam, T. Zarganes-Tzitzikas, L. Gao, M. Novotná, T. Mitríková, A. Reyes Romero, M. I. Irianti, R. Xu, J. Olechno, R. Ellson, V. Helan, M. Kossenjans, M. R. Groves, A. Dömling, Science Advances 2019, 5, eaaw4607.
- G. Neochoritis, Atmaj, A. Twarda-Clapa, E. Surmiak, L. Skalniak, L.M. Köhler, D. Muszak, K. Kurpiewska, J. Kalinowska-Tłuścik, B. Beck, T. A. Holak, A. Dömling, Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2019, 111588.
- Zarganes-Tzitzikas, C. G. Neochoritis, A. Dömling, ACS Med. Chem. Lett. 2019, 10, 389 (most read of month March).
- G. Neochoritis, T. Zhao, A. Dömling, Chem.Rev. 2019, 119, 1970-2042 (most read of month February).
- L. Skalniak, A. Twarda-Clapa, C. Neochoritis, E. Surmiak, M. Machula, A. Wisniewska, B. Labuzek, A. M. Ali, S. Krzanik, G. Dubin, M. Groves, A. Dömling, T. A. Holak FEBS 2019, 1360-1374.