Apostolos Spyros, PhD.
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance: Spectroscopy, Imaging, Instrumentation
- Analytical Chemistry: Chemometrics, Analytical NMR applications
- Food Chemistry: Analysis, Authentication, Adulteration
- Materials analysis: Biomolecules, Polymers, Nanomaterials
- Food analysis, characterization and authentication.
- Metabonomics - Chemometrics
- Organic materials in cultural heritage, arts and archaeology
- Environmental analysis
- Astrobiology. Tholin chemistry and analysis
- Structure elucidation of biomolecules, polymers and nanomaterials
1. NMR-based food metabolomics for quality control and authentication (olive oil, wine, cheese, alcoholic beverages).
2. NMaRt. Applications of analytical NMR spectroscopy in cultural heritage materials, arts and archeology.
3. Organics on Titan: NMR analysis of tholin analogues.
Collaboration with Prof. F. Raulin, Laboratoire Interuniversitaire des Systemes Atmospheriques, Paris, France.
4. Characterization of atmospheric aerosols by NMR spectroscopy.
Collaboration with: Prof. E. Stefanou, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece.